Mercedes-Benz C-Class (W205) & GLC (X253) Ambient Light Installation Instruction
How to install Ambient light for Mercedes-Benz C-Class (W205) & GLC-Class (X253)
Step by step installation guide.
Gather Your Materials
Step 1: Remove the door panel
- Use a T30 tool to remove the screws holding the panel in place.
- Remove the soundproof mat by releasing the metal buckle.
- Use a pliers or soldering iron to cut the black solder joint and withdraw the electroplating trim.
- Replace the electroplating trim and install the wooden panel using adhesive or an electric iron.
- Connect the lamp and replace the original car door handle lamp (no longer needed).
- Run the cable and connect the NO6 plug. White cable connects to 5#, brown connects to 10#, and orange connects to 11#. Then install the panel back on the car.
Note: For some car versions, an extension cable may be needed to reach the rear doors. Check if there are any reserved pins in the 5#, 10#, and 11# of the NO6 plug. If there are no reserved pins, you will need to run a cable.
6.* Run the cable and connect the NO6 plug.
White cable connects to 5#, Brown connects to 10#,
and orange connects to 11#. Then install the panel back on the car.
5#, 10#, 11# without pin reserved, need to run extended cable.
Second Step: Wiring
Image Description (below):
- Pull the yellow connector under the steering wheel.
- Connect the orange connector to #27 and the white connector to #28.
- Connect the large connector on the right side of the door to the same wiring as the left door.
- Run to the right side door and connect the same connector as the left door.
- Route it to the left rear door and connect the large connector, orange connector 18#, white connector 16#.
Diagram for connecting cable
Pushing DownWhite Bolt must pull out
Third Step: Center Console Installation
Orange 1# White 13#
Forth Step: Programming
1. Turn on the car engine
2. Plug in the OBD tool
3. Wait for the car menu shows "DIAGNOSTIC"
4. Then lock the car for 2 minutes. After that the vehicle automatic restart from diagnostic status.
5. Go to vehicle settings menu to check if the ambient lighting menu was activated.